02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10

quarta-feira, 27 de novembro de 2013

Jen Mezzetti

Jen's cardio burned excess calories, but weight training perfected her body image. Her plan tore away 20 percent body fat and replaced it with muscle!

WHY I DECIDED TO TRANSFORM

I became a competitive gymnast at age two and a competitive cheerleader at age 10. I continued cheering and gymnastics throughout junior high and into high school. At the start of my junior year, girls started to give me a hard time about my weight. I wasn't overweight, but the girls were catty and loved drama. They always made comments about how my body didn't look as athletic as it performed. It didn't take long for the comments to bring me down.
I eventually stopped cheer and gymnastics because I was depressed. When I realized I shouldn't let girls bother me, I went to the gym and spent the entire summer before my senior year there. When school started, I did online classes and CrossFit, but it wasn't for me.
Two trainers at LA Fitness, Ron and Kevin, said I should look into fitness shows, but I wasn't sure where to start, so Ron and Kevin hooked me up with an amazing personal trainer named Janis Garrido. I started training with Janis in November 2012. She said if I worked hard enough I could enter a bikini competition.
BEFORE /// 145 LBS
AFTER /// 125 LBS
AGE 17 / HEIGHT 5'4" / BODY FAT 32%
AGE 18 / HEIGHT 5'4" / BODY FAT 12%
Post To Fitboard
I busted my butt every day and stepped on stage in March 2013 after three months of hard work and dedication. I placed fourth in the NPC bikini open class D. I was 17 years old and it was the best experience of my life. A few weeks after the show, I was offered a sponsorship from Total Nutrition in West Palm Beach, Florida.
I recently competed again on June 29, 2013, at the Anna level and placed fourth in teen and third in open class D to qualify for nationals. My goal is receive my pro card and get into fitness modeling. I did photo shoots recently with Jim Beriau and Corso Photography and had a blast. I don't consider this a onetime thing.

COOL FACT

JEN IS A CLOSET THRILL SEEKER WHO RODE ON ONE OF WORLD'S
LARGEST ZIP LINES AT LABADEE ISLAND IN HAITI!
This is my lifestyle and I do it because I enjoy it; not to prove girls from high school wrong. My journey is about being successful in the health and fitness industry by making an impact in the lives of others so they can reach their goals.

HOW I ACCOMPLISHED MY GOALS

I had my mind set to compete on March 16, 2013, at an NPC show in West Palm Beach, but knew I had to push myself. I wasn't in school full-time because I took online classes to avoid troubles at school. If I had to, I woke up at 4 a.m., finished cardio by 5 a.m., and was at my trainer's gym by 6 a.m. From there, I went to work and school, and made it to the gym again for more cardio and posing. I've never been a morning person, so I had to push myself.
My hands had calluses that killed me, but I sucked it up. My cardio was horrible at the start, but I kept pushing. My mind would tell me no, but my body kept going. I learned that the body will last longer than the mind. I stopped letting my mind take over my body and stepped on stage.















Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FeedBurner